adbrite

Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Assistant director? who, me?

If you thought that you would soon see Simran’s name in the list of assistant directors for Mani Ratnam’s forthcoming flick, you are wrong.
Simran

Despite numerous reports and buzz in the industry, the actress denies all rumours that she will be the ace director’s assistant.

“Mani Ratnam gave a face to Kollywood and I would love to assist him in direction,” says the Kovilpatti Veeralakshmi actress, “But my schedules are so haywire these days that I certainly will have no time in the near future for any such plans.” She suspects an inside hand in the spreading of such rumours which she describes as baseless.

But does she have a clue who it might be? “I did call Mani sir a month ago but that was just a courtesy call and there’s nothing more to it,” she says. The actress has finished work on Vaaranam Aayiram, Sevval and is working on Ayntham Padai and TN 07 AL 4777 besides her television serial. She is all praise for the legendary director with whom she has worked in Kannathil Muthamittal. Some of the things that she has learnt from the director are the way he narrates a scene and the discipline he brings into filmmaking. “He is like a principal; working with him is like entering a film school,” she states.

Is filmmaking on her mind in the distant future at least? “It’s on my mind every day these days,” she says, “I write a lot of stuff. However, I need to get more polished before I take the final plunge.”

Meanwhile, quiz her about things on the work front and she immediately smiles. Her role in Vaaranam Aayiram will soon be seen on screen, something that she eagerly awaits. “The storyline was superb and I immediately knew that my character had immense scope,” she adds. According to her, the Mundinam Parthene which has been featured on her will go on to become the most memorable song of the year. The 60s feel has been stunningly brought out in the visuals of this song, if the buzz around is to be believed.

No comments: